Saturday, March 22, 2014

3 ingredient cookies

I want to start cooking with protein powder, and I decided to try out Tone It Up's 3 Ingredient Cookie recipe with some vanilla powder I just bought at Walgreens. This is my trial powder-as I move along in my protein cooking skills, I will splurge a little more on better stuff! 
I really want to try Perfect Fit, but for the time being I am using EAS soy protein in vanilla. I get a lot of my recipes (and daily workouts!) on toneitup.com, if you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it!

3 ingredient cookies
Base:
2 ripe medium bananas
1 c. rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder


(I added dark chocolate chips to mine, but you can add whatever you want as a topping, i.e. walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, almonds, etc. and you can even throw in a little cinnamon or vanilla extract!)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mash up bananas with a fork, then add protein. After that is mixed well, throw in your oats and whatever topping you want to add. Depending on how ripe your bananas are, you may need to either add a little almond milk or throw in a little more powder to get the right consistency.


Spoon the dough onto a sprayed or foiled cookie sheet and press down lightly so that cookies are semi-flat, (this will help them cook thoroughly!) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.


These cookies are way more rich than I was expecting (score!) and SO good!!! I don't think I'll ever go back to the traditional bad-for-you version of chocolate chip cookies! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment