Thursday, June 26, 2014

A really long post


Over the past few weeks I have become aware that I am way too hard on myself. And chances are, you are too.

"Am I really that concerned with my body... or is it just me being overly concerned about what others think about my body?"

I do absolutely believe in living an overall healthy lifestyle-fueling your body with the good stuff, exercising regularly and taking time to honor your mind, body and soul through regular practice of those things.

However, I also wholeheartedly believe in... from time to time... eating cookies for dinner and not regretting one ounce of it.

I think the body image conversation is too prevalent in our country and I hate that it's discussed on a daily basis. At the same time, I understand why. Honestly, as I'm writing this, I'm realizing life is nothing short of one very large contradiction.

I want my abs to show through my skin, but I want to have french toast for every meal. I want my hard work to show but I just honestly, I do... I love food. I consider myself a total foodie. AND GOOD LAWD I JUST CAN'T KEEP TELLING MYSELF IT'S SO WRONG!

(Please be advised that I'm not saying it's okay to go have Mickey D's for every meal because YOLO but I mean if you haven't had one since last month and want a nice big cheeseburger hit up your local cheeseburger place and go for it. Don't forget the fries.)

When are we going to stop thinking so much and just start living? Because it's true... we only have one life. Live healthily, but also make time to live a little unhealthily. Find YOUR balance. Find YOUR happiness. And rock it out.

PS-Another view on this topic from World of Wanderlust's Brooke Saward-a blogger who gets my soul. If I knew her in real life we would definitely be friends.

1 comments: