Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Defining resolution

Happy New Year!

I thought it would only be appropriate on January 1st, 2014 to blog about this whole "New Years resolution" thing. First of all, do we even know what it means? We've heard our whole lives "Oh, what's your resolution for the new year?" Then you come up with something quick so you're not one of those people that say "nothing" which has been me 99% of the time.

I'm officially over the word "resolution". It's time to come up with something that can be a little more effective. Let's be honest, we never really keep our resolutions anyway, except for the year that I gave up the snooze button... that actually worked. Haven't used it since. Okay maybe once.

Let's change it up in 2014 and come up with an amazing MANTRA for the new year ahead of us! It's sort of like a pledge to yourself, something that's important for you to focus on to make it the best year ever. Here's mine:

Now lawd knows we have all seen this on Pinterest and beyond. However, as I was making one of my own, it ended up sounding like this, just less poetic; so I decided to go with this quote instead. This year, I want to focus on falling in love with my life, being content with the little things, and being the best me I can be at this point in my life.

So, what's your mantra?

0 comments:

Post a Comment