Monday, September 22, 2014

Busy week

The crazy days of September are upon me!

This past Saturday, I had my 22nd birthday party. My actual birthday is tomorrow (the 23rd) but I will be in Boise this Thursday through Sunday so I partied accordingly last weekend.

My genius roommate came up with having a K themed party, meaning all K everything, even the food! Everyone came dressed up as something that starts with K.

Costumes included: kitten (me), Kim Possible, Khaki, Katy Perry (there were two of these), Potassium (K symbol on the periodic chart), Katherine Heigl as Izzie from Grey's Anatomy, King Triton, a kite, K-Fed (from the Britney days), Keanu Reeves (The Matrix), a Krispy Kreme worker, Katniss, and two kindergartners. Am I leaving anything out? Oh, and my dog was a kiwi.



For the decorations, I handmade pom pom garlands from grey and white striped twine, pom poms, and a needle and thread. It took forever, but it was so worth it! I was able to string these throughout the house. We also got some psychedelic balloons.

My "kake" was made out of Krispy Kreme, naturally, and it was a hit. Other foods included "kettles" AKA kettle chips in three varieties and both chocolate chip "kookies" and peanut butter "kiss kookies". Most of the food was gone by the end of the night.



About halfway through the night I decided to get some whiskers and a nose. My dog licked it off by the end of the party.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm going to Boise Thursday-Sunday for a school trip, but I have a little bit of free time on the first day so I'm hoping to get some blog-worthy pics for Monday! I hope you all have an awesome week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment