Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend getaways are awesome


Over the weekend my mom, sister-in-law and I traveled a few hours south to Dallas for a girls weekend and the Dave Matthews Band concert.

Basically, I'm depressed that I'm not still there.

We bought the tickets back in February as a gift for my mom's birthday. I grew up listening to Dave Matthews and I'm still a HUGE fan of their music. I thought it would only be appropriate to make it a family trip since DMB holds such a special place in my heart thanks to my mom! Here's a peek at our weekend...

Our hotel lobby
We stayed two nights at the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Dallas. It's historic with contemporary touches and... also perfect. In addition to a fresh complimentary breakfast all guests also get two complimentary drinks during happy hour and cookies and milk before bed. I mean how much better does it get?

Just steps from our hotel
My Sunday morning coffee run-the streets of downtown are peaceful yet alive
The Magnolia was in such an amazing area downtown. I had no idea what it would be like before we got there, and we were so pleasantly surprised! We were within walking distance to anything our hearts desired. We drove to the mall and took the hotel shuttle/taxi to the concert, but other than that, we walked everywhere and the weather was perfect.

Patios at every turn-we never had a meal inside
"the eyeball." Outfit details: maxi skirt//Target, tee//Gap, purse//Urban Outfitters, necklace//Lush (OKC)
I have no words for how amazing the concert was... Our tickets were on the lawn and I wouldn't have had it any other way! It truly was an experience.


headband//Urban Outfitters, dress//Urban Outfitters, chambray shirt//H&M, sunnies//Target


It was so good that I actually may go see him again this week!


Peace and blessings, Dallas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment