Thursday, May 1, 2014

The merging of two worlds

*Image from Nina Styling and Interiors

After one week in the Interior Design major at my school, I switched to Fashion Marketing.

I do love fashion and I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had and people I've met in my major, but there's always been a part of me that just barely regrets not sticking with interior design. It was my first love, and everyone knows you don't just forget your first love!

Last weekend while traipsing about the sale room at Anthropologie, I saw a lonely book on the top shelf. The Stylist's Guide to NYC jumped out at me because of the word 'stylist'. I immediately thought it would be about fashion styling, which is a career I'm interested in, but low and behold...

It's written by an interior stylist.

*Pause for OMG moment in the Anthropologie sale room.*

I thought, I'm getting this. I don't care anymore. About anything. Need this book.

It seems as though my two loves are merging into one. Bonus: research I've done shows that a lot of top interior stylists work in London. Win win WIN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment