Friday, July 11, 2014

Banana Bread Cookies


I'm SUCH  dessert girl... I will crave something sweet after lunch or dinner until the world ends if I don't have a little something for dessert. I've been searching pretty hard for some healthier alternatives to my go-to's of frozen cookie dough or ice cream!

Sidenote: Check out Chocolate Covered Katie... I'm convinced she's a gift from the heavens.

I'm a member of the Tone It Up community and I love searching through other member's recipes to find Tone It Up approved (so you know it's gonna be healthy!) options. I found a recipe for banana bread cookies and I decided to try them out yesterday! I already had everything in my kitchen, so hopefully it doesn't require a trip to the store for you either.

Banana Bread Cookies
You'll need:
1 1/2 ripe bananas
1 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds (I used flax & chia)
1 tbsp. 100% maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 serving protein powder (I used vanilla hemp protein)

What to do:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix the chia seeds with 1/4 c. water, set aside for about 10 minutes. Mash bananas, and mix with all wet ingredients. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly-but don't overdo it!

Place small-medium sized dough on a greased cookie sheet. Make sure to flatten them with your hand or a fork! (These don't expand when cooked, so you can put them relatively close together!) Bake for 25-30 minutes. Yields 12-15 cookies.


These are great with a little earth balance melted on top with coffee in the morning. Enjoy!
PS-they're gluten free :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment