Saturday, April 26, 2014

Liebster Award

Warning: wordy post alert!
Every Friday, I link up at Lauren Elizabeth to try and gain a little more traffic outside of my Instagram reach. Apparently it worked, because Sarah over at My Simplistic Ideal nominated me for something called the Liebster Award. It's great for the blogging community to do some networking and share interests!

Here are the rules:
  • List 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
  • Create 11 new questions
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know
I'm not sure what's up with the number 11, but I'm going with it. Here it goes!

11 facts about myself
Fashion and interior design are just about equal on my love scale
I'm an old soul
I'm a workaholic
I'm going on four trips this summer, a record high!
My life mantra is "Good Vibes Only"
I'm terrified of graduating college
I'm a Libra, the peacekeeper
I consider myself a hipster-in-training
My favorite movies are The Holiday, Bridesmaids and Stepbrothers
I love my Pandora AKA "Pandy." Favorite stations: Ray LaMontagne, Kings of Leon, Bon Iver
I love hosting/throwing parties and events, hence my minor in PR


Sarah's 11 questions
What sparked your desire to begin blogging?
//I used to have a personal blog during my sophomore year of college. It was mainly to document certain aspects of my life for myself and my family, but I realized that I liked writing and sharing with others. When I started Style&Things in December, I wanted to have a strong voice and not-so-personal approach.

Favorite retail store?
//I would say Anthropologie. Although we do have one in OKC, I only go to the one in Tulsa. When I go shopping in OKC, I like to visit local places like Blue Seven or Bow and Arrow Boutique. If I'm in Dallas, I go straight to Urban Outfitters and H&M.

If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
//Doughnuts.

What's your favorite blog you follow?
//Cupcakes and Cashmere. I'm obsessed!

If you could give everyone one tip of advice, what would it be?
//You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. If you're not happy, take away what's making you not happy. Live to love. Don't make life so complicated.

Hot or cold coffee?
//Both! Depends on my mood.

Favorite place you've ever been?
//I haven't been to many places, I would probably better answer this question after July of this year, but I take a lot of inspiration from the Utica Square and surrounding area in Tulsa. I don't know what it is, but I've always loved it.

What is your dream career?
//Some day I would love to either be planning presentations, parties and runway shows within the high-end fashion market or working for a magazine like Marie Claire, Vogue, etc. styling shoots and shows.

What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
//Carbs. Cookies, bread, cake, pasta, brownies, bread, bread...

If you could give 1 million dollars to any charity of your choice, what would it be?
//I would donate bits and pieces to local causes in my home as well as other cities across the nation.

What is the happiest memory you have?
//My happiest memories, honestly, are when I'm by myself. That isn't meant to sound depressing and I absolutely have happy memories with my family and friends, but it's when I'm alone with my thoughts and feelings and can feel myself changing for the better that my soul is the happiest.

11 new questions
What city inspires you the most?//What's your favorite flower?//Do you think your astrological sign describes your behaviors?//Would you rather go to the beach or to the city?//If you could be anything you wanted to be, what would you pick?//Road trip or airplane?//What's your favorite inspirational quote?//Takeout or home made?//What would you do with 100,000 dollars?//If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be?//What celebrity would you choose to be your BFF?

11 bloggers
Austin at Mister Ratcliff
Sierra at Running Wild
Brittany Jo at Knee Deep in Lovely
Amy at Feathers and Bowties
(still adding!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment