Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Vacation, minus the vacation

Hey guys! Long time no talk.

I have been absolutely swamped lately at work (Kickoff Couture is growing VERY steadily) and school starts next week in which I have not prepared myself for at all.

I did buy some felt pens though. Those things are magic.

A lot has happened lately-I went on a crazy shopping spree while on a study tour in Dallas, I decided to become a vegetarian and, oh, I cut 8 inches of hair off of my head.

Needless to say I am feeling like a new woman today!

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be highlighting parts of the recent changes I've made, starting with my decision to become a vegetarian.


My whole life, I've been such a carnivore. There was nothing more I loved in life than burgers, pork roast and Thanksgiving turkey (don't forget the pound of gravy.) However, since being on my own for the last two years, I've found that I have less and less appreciation for red meat and, in turn, never cooked it at my house except for the once every two months I made spaghetti with meat sauce.

I've been curious about living a vegetarian lifestyle for a while now. I have heard amazing things about how it makes you feel and look, and I don't fit NEARLY enough veggies in my diet. While becoming a vegetarian is probably 1/4 placebo effect for me, I'm excited to see where it takes me. If I hate it, I'll stop. But right now I'm committed to this new endeavor.

Please do not get me wrong-I am not going vegan!!! I could never give up dairy and eggs and that is where I will get a lot of my protein, along with things like hemp protein powder, quinoa, hummus, etc.

This is all very new to me (I started this week) but I made the most delicious veggie fajitas using a smidgen of coconut oil, a blend of peppers and onions, freshly made guac and Ezekiel tortillas. Seriously, y'all, why didn't I think of that before?!

If you have any suggestions or tips on this new journey, please pass them on! I would love to hear.

PS-Take a peek at my new Pinterest board appropriately titled "Veg head"

0 comments:

Post a Comment