Friday, August 22, 2014

Four good ways to wear a hat

After the endless search for a floppy hat, I finally bought one in Dallas two weeks ago. Since then I've already worn it once, but I quickly learned that one should not wear a 100% wool hat on a (really) hot Oklahoma summer day.

When I came home from the trip with my new hat in tow, my roommate immediately put it on and said "I don't think I could pull this off" although she looked really cute in it as she does everything else ever.

So I thought... this is probably a common thing, people don't think they can "pull off" a statement such as the floppy hat, and I have to disagree. Here are some of my favorite ways to make it your own.

Keep your outfit simple and monochromatic, this way, you won't feel like you're overdoing it.

Prep it up with a skirt or dress and maybe, if you're feeling fancy, a pair of dainty leather gloves

Add a hint of bohemian-ish flair

Oversize it with a casual shoulder bag, sweaters, scarves and booties

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
PS-LOL-worthy honest slogans

0 comments:

Post a Comment